End of Year Appeal
As you know, Indiana Center for Middle East Peace is an independent non-sectarian 501c3 not-for-profit organization committed to educating, enlightening, and empowering citizens regarding issues of peace, justice, human rights, and intercultural understanding locally and globally.
We are only able to offer quality programming because of the generosity of supporters like you; I am writing to ask you to consider making an end-of-the-year tax-deductible contribution so that we can continue this very critically important work in NE Indiana, and the tri-state area.
PLEASE BE GENEROUS IN YOUR SUPPORT FOR OUR WORK!
You can send your tax-deductible contribution to:
ICMEP, PO Box 12005, Fort Wayne, IN, 46862. Or click here to donate through PayPal.
In 2015, our tenth anniversary year, among our many offerings and initiatives were:
- the film, Martin Luther King in Palestine, with Dr. Clay Carson of Stanford University
- Matthew Duss, Director of Foundation for Middle East Peace
- Rev. Dr. Cotton Fite, Seraj Library Project
- Dr. Stephen Walt from Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government on "the Iran Deal
- Retired Archbishop of the Galilee and 3-time Nobel Peace Prize nominee, Elias Chacour
- The No Way to Treat a Child campaign
- Phyllis Bennis on "ISIS, Syrian Refugees, and American politics"
- Our first annual ArabFest
- Mark Sniderman, Jewish Voice for Peace-Indiana
- Michael led his 11th "solidarity tour," where he was able to hand-deliver financial support for our five mission partners in Palestine and Israel
- We were a catalyst for the move to resettle Syrian refugees in our area and provide humanitarian assistance to them as they flee their homes
- We were recognized with two awards for our peace and justice work; and much more.
Already for 2016 we have the following commitments:
- International recording artist, Palestinian-American qanunist, Ali Paris
- Drs. Don Wagner, Linda Kateeb, and our own, Terry Dougherty, Ron Caldwell on Palestinian Popular Resistance movements
- Commentator, internationally-recognized University of Michigan Middle East scholar, Dr. Juan Cole
- Rabbi Brant Rosen, Jewish Voice for Peace and Director for the Midwest office of the American Friends Service Committee (Quakers)
- The Nakba Exhibit of Memory and Hope, remembering the "catastrophe" of the expulsion of three-quarters of a million Palestinians from their homes making them refugees in their own homeland)
- The leader of Palestinian civil society's call for Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions, Omar Barghouti, from Ramallah
- The second annual (and bigger and better) ArabFest
- Michael will be leading his 12th "solidarity tour"
- We will continue to provide assistance and advocacy for Syrian (and other) refugees, as well as other initiatives that we will bring before our elected officials (local, state, and national)
- George & Najwah Sa'adeh (Bethlehem Christians), and Rami & Nurit Peled Elhanan (Jerusalem Jews), the Bereaved Parents Circle
- Norwegian physician, humanitarian, and activist, Dr. Mads Gilbert, who has spent many tours volunteering in Gaza hospitals and trauma centers, especially during the 2009 and 2014 assaults on Gaza
- and much, much more.
I encourage you, friends, indeed, I urge you to be generous in your support for our work as we enter into our 11th year.
Blessings and peace during this season.